What is the friday photo challenge?
Each Friday, I will assign you a photo challenge theme. It is your job to interpret that theme in anyway you want, and shoot an awesome, creative photograph inspired by that theme for homework. You will have until the following Friday to take your shot and upload it to that week's Challenge Discussion Board on Schoology. The winner of each week's challenge will be determined by the number of "likes" each photo gets. The winner will get bragging rights and their photo posted to the Schoology news feed and Mrs Cook's website.
- Each shot should be shot for homework, outside of class. You may shoot it before school, at home, around town, etc. Just not during class time!
- Your photo must be shot specifically for the challenge... no old photos from your family vacation 2 years ago!
- Your photo must be shot by you! Duh..
- Your photo must contain school appropriate subject matter only. Obviously!
- Your photo must be uploaded to that week's Photo Challenge Discussion board on Schoology. You can upload it at anytime during the week, but it must be done BEFORE class starts on Friday morning.
- Your photo can be shot on ANY camera you have available to you. A compact digital camera, a camera on a smart phone or tablet, or if you need to, you may ask to borrow a class camera.
- Your photo should be CREATIVE! THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
- You may edit your photo using Photoshop or other programs before submitting if you choose to.
Your Friday Photo challenge theme:
- Due Friday Feb 14th: Love
- Due Friday Feb 21st: Point Pleasant Nature
- Due Friday Feb 28th: Shadows
- Due Friday Mar 7th: Phobias
- Due Friday Mar 14th: Reflections
- Due Friday Mar 21st: Green
- Due Friday Mar 28th: My Greatest Possession
- Due Friday April 4th: Budding Spring
- Due Friday April 11th: Uh-Oh!
- Due Friday April 25th: Relax
- Due Friday May 2nd: Something Old
- Due Friday May 9th:
- Due Friday May 16th:
- Due Friday May 23rd:
- Due Friday May 30th:
- Due Friday June 6th:
- Due Friday June 13th:
Each photo challenge will be for a grade. You will get two grades. 50 points for submitting your photo. 50 points for critiquing a classmate's work. Each Friday you will be randomly assigned a classmate, who's photo you will have to comment on and critique. You will receive up to 50 points for your critique. See rubrics posted on Schoology for more details on how you will be assessed.